Maritime Navigation Curriculum
Whether your class has already read Carry On, Mr. Bowditch or if you are planning to assign the book, this curriculum module is a stand-alone lesson plan on Nathaniel Bowditch and maritime navigation. With explanations of basic math within maritime navigation, this curriculum is a great addition to STEM class offerings.
- Secure Payments
- Flat Rate Shipping
Nathaniel Bowditch was one of, if not the, most influential figure in the history of maritime navigation. In this lesson, we discuss the history of navigation, how major technological advancements have changed navigation, how old methods are still used to this day, and how accurate time-keeping changed the world.
- 40 Minute educational video lesson about Nathaniel Bowditch and the history of maritime navigation.
- Several “pause for discussion” points with discussion topics included in the Teacher’s Guide
- 20-question quiz and answer key.
- Complete Teacher’s Guide.
- Suggested reading list.
- Time for lesson: approximately 1 hour (Up to 90 minutes depending on teacher-led discussions.)
- Time for test: approximately 20 minutes